I also have days when, I think about exercising something like this: “What, again? Come on, I just did it yesterday!” or “well, let’s have a rest today”, or “that’s alright, let`s work out tomorrow”. But nevertheless, I usually train every day from year to year. So how to achieve regularity?
- Realize the value of the workouts. Pilates is a deep and powerful practice that give control over the body, spirit and mind. Therefore, I know for sure that by skipping today, my body will be less easy-going tomorrow, and after missing two or more days, I will lose connection with some of the body parts. Ask yourself the question, why is it important for me to work out every day?
- Use tricks. You usually shouldn`t fight with that state, you better play. You need to involve yourself like a child. For example, I suggest to myself to lie on the roll and just breath. Then I suggest to myself to make a few movements on it, and then look who did the whole repertoire.
- Remember that pauses are also necessary. Sometimes you need to lose a little to appreciate more, sometimes you need to be lazy to regain strength, and sometimes the body should just rest.
- Make your workouts variable, look for inspiration. Maybe you just need to dance today? Or maybe you should try a new direction? Or go to class to another trainer? Or maybe it’s time to buy yourself a new T-shirt for sport?
- Be grateful and thankful to your body for the practice. Our body often hears comments about what we would like to change in it. ! wrong tactic! Finish every workout with a smile and a compliment for the body. Sometimes it happens that the entire training goes wrong. After such training it is especially important to cheer yourself up and remember that this is normal.
I`ve never regretted training in my life, but I regretted dozens of times when it did not happen.
Author – Anastasiia Vekua